Smart TV Alliance provides an SDK for app developers. It includes an IDE and an Emulator compliant with the Smart TV Alliance specification allowing you to test your apps.
Listed below are different versions of the SDK. Each SDK complies with a (number of) Smart TV Alliance Specification(s):
|SDK version||Specification version||Smart Home Specification version|
|SDK 5.0||5.0, 4.0, 3.0, 2.5 and 2.0||1.0|
|SDK 4.0||4.0, 3.0, 2.5 and 2.0||1.0|
|SDK 3.0||3.0, 2.5 and 2.0|| |
|SDK 2.0||2.5 and 2.0|| |
|SDK 1.0||1.0|| |
Please click here to check out specification details and change logs.
Smart TV Alliance SDK 5.0 provides valuable tooling to quickly develop your Smart TV Alliance App for Smart TV Alliance specification versions 5.0, 4.0, 3.0, 2.5 and 2.0 as well as Smart TV Alliance Smart Home specification version 1.0.
It consists of the following parts:
- Other documentation regarding the Smart TV Alliance ecosystem: development guidelines, DRM guidelines, and diversity handling guidelines
- SDK software, a package for one of the supported operating systems. The software includes:
- a Smart TV Alliance emulator for testing your app, including video streaming emulation and multiscreen emulation (DIAL)
- advanced (remote) debugging tooling based on Webkit inspector
- an Eclipse IDE for creating your app
- Network Service Discovery option (since specification version 4.0)
- User agent customization
- Browser resolution options to select 1280x720 pixels (default resolution) or 1920x1080 pixels
- Multiscreen example applications for IOS and Android - note that to release multiscreen applications on Smart TV Alliance platforms, a specific DIAL application name registration for the Smart TV Alliance is required.
- Example Apps, which show a wide range of possibilities
The SDK runs on the following platforms:
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10
- Mac OS X 10.5+
- Ubuntu 10+
Minimum system requirements:
- Minimum memory 1.5 GB
- 2GHz X86/AMD64 based processor (AMD 64X2, Intel Core i5/i7 series, Core 2 Duo), i5/i7 series preferred; with preferably support for Intel VT-x or AMD-V technology
- Resolution of 1280X1024 @ 32 bits - less is supported, but only scaled down
- Keyboard and mouse
- 8 GB free disk space
- Network connection (wireless or wired) (note: the OSX Mavericks/10.9 thunderbolt network interface is unsupported)
Exact system requirements are noted in the documentation.